The point where Android operating system is better from its rivals is ‘Customization’. Yeah, you heard (read) it right, Android is better in terms of customization from every point of view. From icons to widgets, from wallpapers to docks; everything in android can be customized to your liking. Some of the braves, like me, take the chance of flashing custom ROMs and edit XML files.
But the easiest way to customize is first change the wallpaper to your desires. But wait, there are tons of wallpaper and their serving apps out there, so which one should you pick and rock your device? Well, that has become a lot simpler with this article on best wallpaper apps for Android. Ready to become the next Picasso? Take a deep breath and start your adventure with the following apps right now!
First on our list is PrimU wallpapers, you can easily call this the dad of all wallpaper apps. This app includes very fascinating wallpapers that are regularly updated. This app is developed by a friend of mine- Miriyampalli Sasikanth. It includes wallpaper of almost all the categories that are suitable and versatile for any setup. A You’d need to try this app to experience its beauty.
- About 180 walls and new wallpaper’s notification is given through a PushBullet Channel.
- Quality of wallpapers up to 2K or (2560 x 2560px)
- Material Dashboard with good visual display.
- Ability to quickly apply or crop and apply.
- Supports Muzei
- Less app updates as wall are fed through server’s .JSON file.
- Implementation of various libraries makes the wallpaper loading quicker than other apps.
Next on our list is Wallrox Wallpaper, just like any other wallpaper app this too have wallpapers of 2K or (2560 x 2560px) quality. The wallpapers are served from a cloud so there is no need to download any wallpaper beforehand. Walls are updated every week so that you have new wallpapers. The wallpapers are in QHD quality or UHD quality so that your screen looks sexy and badass! It also includes an Ad-free version but that is in beta, you can check out that here.
- About 1050 wallpapers to download.
- Once again the material dashboard with cute little lollipop animations.
- Muzei Support
- You can either quickly apply the wallpaper or just crop it to your likings.
- Though the wallpapers load slow a bit but the collection is really good.
Some of the categories are:- Android Marshmallow 6.0 Wallpapers, Material Design (Inspired by Android 5.0 Lollipop), Matexial (Material + Texture), Minimal, Mosaic, Patterns, Lines, Liquify, Low Poly, Black & White, Blur Crystal, Gradients, Sign & Sayings (Android M), Special Edition and many more!
This phenomenal piece of app delivers Australian designers Justin Maller’s year long “image per day” project directly to your phone. The wallpapers in this app depends on variety of moods so that you can have a perfect art piece as a background on your phone. With 365 wallpapers you can rock a different one each day. The art pieces have been recomposed and tweaked upon to make the wallpapers more suitable for your device.
- Really cool artwork by Justin Maller
- To set the wallpaper just swipe up (or double tap) on any image when viewing them on full screen.
- You can also swipe down the app when viewing in fulscreen to view details and purchase it as a print.
- Faster loading of wallpapers.
Did you know the other word for wallpaper, a pretty old one is ‘Tapet’. Well, this is a wallpaper app with twist. And the twist is that it needs no internet to serve its wallpapers. You might be asking yourselves, how is this possible? Well every wallpaper in this app is developed without usage of internet is the display is rapidly seen on your screen. You can either select the walls randomly or have the app make it for you.
- Wallpapers are made to the highest resolution possible for your device.
- Wallpaper fit your device completely and a parallax effect is formed.
- You can also have the app set up a new wallpaper hourly or daily.
- No wallpaper is repeated again with the same pattern or colour.
- By swiping left and right you can change the colour or the pattern of your selected wallpaper.
- Less CPU or memory usage than other live apps.
Well this app comes from the developer of the popular root permission management tool i.e., SuperSU, yes you guessed it right it is from Chainfire. For those of you don’t 500px is a place where professional doodle their artwork and photographs and some of them are really jaw-dropping. So this app displays latest works from 500px as your wallpaper. It includes wallpapers that are suitable for every taste. You can also configure the various option such as the categories you want to see, NSFW media, parallax effect, blur, saturation and a lot more. Just download this app now to see what amazing wallpapers you get from this app.
- Great pieces of artwork fetched from 500px.
- Various options to customize the availability of wallpapers.
- Constant updated and better support.
- Pro version gives you the ability to pin backgrounds up to 7 days.
- You can disable NSFW backgrounds if you don’t want to see them.
In the above apps you might have seen we’ve said that some apps are compatible with Muzei. For those dummies who don’t know about Muzei, it is a transliteration of the Russian word музей, which means “museum.” Now lets talk about this app, this app is just like a live wallpaper which refreshes your phone’s homescreen with daily piece of amazing artwork. It also make the background hazy or blurry so that your app icons, docks and widgets have a place to rest. You can also set this app to show the photos available in your gallery which is pretty amazing!
- Cool piece of background refreshes your screen each day.
- You can set custom photos from gallery or elsewhere to see as live wallpaper.
- Makes the artwork a blurry so that everything is visible properly.
- Also optimized for Android Wear.
- Open source and developers can view the source code and APIs here.
So guys, we got you some really amazing apps for you. Which one of them suits you or have you got any other app to add to this list? Also, post your amazing setups with this apps in the comments below. And do share this tutorial with all of whom you care(and whom you don’t).