Today I will walk you through how you can activate your iPhone without the need of an official SIM card. There are a few things you will need to do along the way, but I will show them all in the steps below. The way to do this is by using a tool called SAM. SAM stands for subscriber artificial module and what SAM does is that it tricks, iPhone as well as iTunes into creating official activation tickets for the mobile. You will need a jailbroken device to do this which I’m sure you are already aware of because you can’t use Cydia without that. I will show which jailbreak you need in the guide.
Cydia isn’t normally something we would consider doing this one. Known as a platform for third party applications, it doesn’t normally have anything to do with activating. Of course, it does have a lot to do with modding, however, and that’s the key connection here. Not only is it a place that acts as a hub for apps that are an alternative to the normal Apple store, but it is also a software that allows new packing and scripts to be run.
How To Activate iPhone With Cydia
1. Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b6. Download iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.1. You will need to be running one of those two firmwares to do this.
2. Now you want to jailbreak the device on that firmware using the guide for Redsn0w 0.9.6b6.
3. Now go ahead and open up Cydia. From Cydia you want to add a new repository. The repository that you want is: http://repo.bingner.com.
4. From there you need to add the Sam and the SAM prefs packages.
5. Now open up the Redsn0w on your computer. Connect the iPhone to the computer and browse for the firmware iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.1 which you download earlier. After you found it click the next button.
6. Now the new screen will have a list of checkboxes. You want to check the deactivate box because we are going to deactivate it now.
This might be a bit confusing, however, we are going to activate it again later. From here, simply follow the on-screen instruction that Redsn0w will present to get the job done. Wait for it to finish, and your iPhone will be back to the st0ck locked version.
7. From here we need to navigate to the settings icon, go in and choose SAM. Inside SAM you need to click the deactivate iPhone button.
8. Now open up iTunes and your iPhone will now connect to it. When it connects, it will activate it again.
Please share this article: