A new version of Android’s 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as now gone live to Galaxy Grand I9081 owners. The new build is XXUBMI1. That is an “I” as the second last letter and a “1” at the end for confirmation.
When the Grand was updated last time around the firmware for it brought along some problems that needed solving. There is a RAM bug hidden inside of it and this lead to many downturns including a battery drainage one. Chewing up RAM obviously presents many more issues such as the device just not working very well. Most likely it would have been slow and using it at times would have been a real pain.
Unfortunately, many novices see this as a mobile phone issue, and that’s not really fair to the Grand because it is just the firmware running on the Smartphone that is causing the stir.
Apart from that there were also some other more minor badly behaved bits of tech that have now been sorted out.
- If you have not put firmware on your device before, search for a guide to help you along the way. It will need the use of ODIN as an installer. For those of you who have, however, then you will probably be familiar with how you need to do. In that case, there is no problem with you going ahead and doing it because it is installed exactly the same way as all the rest.
- This file was made for the Galaxy Grand I9082 only. That means if you try to install it on a different device, it won’t work. Not only that, but it can also potentially damage the device.
- We love Samsung phones because they generally always have the option of backing up to a MicroSD card. This is the device’s internal storage and should be used for back ups at times l;Ike these before you start downloading the file and installing it. If something goes wrong during the installation, the handset may need to be factory restored. If that is the case, then the phone will be wiped and as a result the owner will lose all the data including applications and contacts that were on the phone. With a back up in place we can then put all of this data back on the phone so the owner hasn’t lost anything.
- To use ODIN without running any add-ons will need a Windows PC. The reason behind it is that the program was specially made for Windows only because a lot more people use Windows. They are also a lot more common than a Mac. That means you also have more chance of finding somebody else with a Windows computer that you can borrow.
Update Galaxy Grand I9082 To Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMI1
1. Download the XXUBMI1 file from here.
– use the desktop or the C: Drive.
2. Open ODIN on the desktop.
– have it running and waiting.
3. Run the phone in Download Mode and plug it into the Windows-based PC with the USB cable.
– press Volume down + Power + Home keys at the same time to start up Download Mode.
4. Click on the PDA tab inside ODIN and upload the XXUBMI1 firmware file.
5. Leave all the default settings as they are and click the start button to begin flashing.