By now, most of us over the age of fifteen are using at least one mobile smartphone during the year 2015. While that might be the case, it doesn’t mean we all enjoy browsing through the settings applications and finding out how to do daily tasks to help our handsets. If you don’t venture through the settings much then you probably don’t clear your browse data and cache much because that’s available from the Settings app.
The app data and cache is different though, because you don’t clear it from the Settings at all. Even some of the most seasoned veterans might not know the way we need to clear the app data — or even if it needs clearing at all. Today I’ll show you the proper way you can clear that data and cache.
A cache is something that builds up from remembering data yesterday, the day before that and so on. Sometimes we need to manually clear the cache so that our displays are showing us the true story and not something that isn’t really there. Furthermore, clearing the cache can also help with fixing problems. The data is what we are referring to when we say the cache is remembering; it can only do that by remembering the data.
Once we clear the application data and cache we can easily save more space, create a better environment for our smartphone hardware and have a device that’s working better.
You don’t need to back up any Android data before taking these steps. Moreover, anyone can follow this clearing the cache guide — even those of you rocking root access from various rooting methods. We are not hacking the internal system, doing anything with the recovery mode, deleting any data or taking a hard reset. We are just tapping a few places near the apps.
How to clear app cache and data for any Android device without the need of accessing the settings app
- Turn on the Android handset of your choice.
- Slide down the notification panel from the Settings.
- Keep going until you reach the apps menu.
- Tap on the apps option and wait for the next screen to load with all the different apps which are installed on your device.
- From here you can choose to do the following action for each app, or just the ones which you think might be problematic. The second option is obviously going to be a great deal quicker.
- Tap your finger over the app just once. Instead of loading the app so you can use it, it will present you with a new menu — and one that comes with some options that allow you to clear the cache and data.
- Tap the option to allow the cache and data to be cleared for each app and move to the next. Simply navigate back out where you came from after you are done.
Once complete, you can read about apps to keep your Android phone polished. Now that you are feeling much more confident browsing the Android OS, you might want to try your luck learning more? Why not start with Mind-Boggling Things To Do With Our Android Phones.