Once you have unlocked the bootloader on the LeEco Le 1S smartphone, you are then able to do things like install one of the custom recoveries made available for your phone. You can choose any custom recovery image out there available for your LeEco smartphone, and it will be able to be flashed after you complete the same guide that unlocks your bootloader. There is only ever one way in which you need to unlock the bootloader and then the choices of custom recovery images are endless — well until you run out of the option. Since this LeEco smartphone is relatively new still at the time of writing this post, there is only one custom recovery available to install on this phone that we know of today, and this guide is going to show you how to install it.
People choose to install a custom recovery on the LeEco Le 1S smartphone so they can take full backups directly from the recovery image. There are a few reasons as to why people want to make full backups. Some prefer just doing from the recovery because it is quick and easy, while others need to wipe the device continually clean because they flash new ROMs. Moreover, a custom recovery is required if you are somebody who plans on installing custom ROMs because it is the recovery image that gives you the chance to upload your files. A stock recovery never provides you with this option on purpose because it is their way of making the installation of new ROMs harder for you.
Files You Need
You must have the LeEco Le 1S bootloader unlocked before you can install a custom recovery on the smartphone by following this guide.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LeEco Le 1S smartphone
- Extract the SP Flash Tool to the desktop of the computer and then click on the Flash_tool.exe file.
- Set the Download Agent option from the flashing tool user interface to the DA_PL.bin recovery and user data.
- From the flashing tool user interface, click on the Download button.
- Hold down the Power button on your LeEco smartphone and choose the option that tells you it will switch it off.
- Remove the battery from the back cover of the LeEco smartphone and wait for a few seconds before putting it back in again.
- Connect the LeEco smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- The SP Flash Tool will now automatically begin to flash the custom recovery on your LeEco smartphone.
- Once the flashing is completed, reboot the LEco Le 1S smartphone.
In conclusion, that is how to install a custom recovery on the LeEco Le 1S smartphone. You can press the same hardware button combination that you would usually push for the stock recovery mode, and it will boot up the custom recovery that you just finished installing.
Now that you have unlocked the bootloader and installed the custom recovery on the LeEco Le 1S smartphone, it is time to find out how to root the LeEco Le 1S handset if you want the ability to install custom firmware or custom ROMs on the smartphone. Custom ROMs or firmware are unique from the stock ROMs in that official Android developer no longer creates them. Instead, you can find some work made by third-party developers who aim to create ROMs for a more micro niche market.