If you have already jailbroken your device then you may be interested in the Cydia version 1.1.6. The 1.1.6 update has various bug fixes that comes along with it. If you are interested in downloading Cydia 1.1.6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch then it’s really simple to do. All you have to do is open up Cydia, from there select the changes tab and select to download latest version of Cydia.
If it is the Cydia 1.1.6 Deb you are interested in then I have all of the links listed here with the iOS device name next to it. All you have to do from here is download the right file for your selected devices.
How to download the Cydia Deb Installer
- Download Cydia 1.1.6 iPhone Deb
- Download Cydia Deb
Guide on how to install Cydia 1.1.6 Deb:
- To install the Cydia debs you will first need a Jailbroken device of course. If you have not yet jailbroken your device you can find the right guide for you in our Jailbreak section from the menu above. If you have any questions in which is the right guide for you then feel free to leave a message in the comments and we will get back to you promptly.
- Once you have jailbroken your device you will then need OpenSHH installed on the device. (you can also find how to do this in our jailbreak section). The next thing you need is to install FUGU and lastly it’s important to have your iPhone’s IP handy for the next part of the instruction.
- If you are looking to uninstall a deb file you will need to do this via the Cydia Installer.
- Now once you have all of that, the first thing you do is open up FUGU. Inside FUGU put in your devices IP address under the menu that says connect to: Now where it says username, put in Root as the name followed by clicking the connect button.
- Now wait and you will soon be asked to put in a password. The passowrd to use is alpine. Next select authenticate.
- Next step is to look in the toolbar of FUGU for a go to button, click this and in the open field type: /var/root/Media – Underneath the open field is two buttons called locally and remotely. Ensure that the remotely button is selected. Create a Cydia folder here if you do not have a Cydia folder already. To do this there is a new folder button in the toolbar above. Use Cydia as the folder name and configure it as remotely. Once done click create folder.
- Once the folder is created, double-click to open the folder. From here you will need an autoinstaller folder. Create this if you do not have one. Follow the same procedure as you did the cydia folder. Once you have created the autoinstaller folder, double-click and open it up.
- Inside FUGU find the Deb files you are looking to install. Search via the left hand side of FUGU to do this. Once you have located the files click and drag them over to the right hand side of FUGU.
- Now that they have been moved across all that’s left to do is switch on and off the iPhone. This may take a few goes of switching on and off but they will appear. You will be able to tell if they are there by looking on your iPhones springboard, where they will appear.
Alternate way of installing Cydia 1.1.6 Deb:
There is another way of doing this installation if you prefer it: Download the iFile tool which is a Cydia tweak. Once you have downloaded iFile you can now open the Deb in iFile and then click to install it. Once it is installed simply reboot like you would normally do and it will appear in the springboard. This way is much easier, however the iFile tool is not free. But, if you have the iFile tool already, then you should select this method.
Please share this article: