The HTC Desire 825 smartphone runs on the Android operating system. You can connect it to any computer using its USB cable and do things like transfer the data to and from the device or even transfer the data to and from the internal and external SD card if you want to do things like store the picture from the SD card on the computer to free up its space.
If the computer you are connecting to runs on a version of the Windows operating system then you need to have the right OEM USB Drivers installed on the computer. Most OEMs want you to install bulky programs that are used for multiple things to get the USB Drivers installed, but for the main OEMs like HTC, there is a much quicker way to get the USB Driver package installed, and it uses up hardly any space.
The way I’m referring to is by installing the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer which has been developed by Koushik Dutta. You may already know Koush from his work such as ClockworkMod Recovery. Now he has compiled the USB Drivers from all of the larger OEMs and manufacturers of smartphones around the world and put them all together in the one file. That might sound like a large file size, but it isn’t, and it comes in considerably lighter than installing a program that the OEM wants you to install to get the drivers working.
Downloading the HTC Desire 825 USB Drivers for Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer and then click on the file when the download completes directly above the taskbar to begin the setup wizard.
2. Make sure you disconnect the HTC Desire 825 smartphone from the computer before getting started with the wizard and then click on the Next button at the bottom.
3. Choose the folder you want to have the ADB Driver stored by clicking on the Browse button or leave it set as the default option if you don’t have any preference.
4. Choose to share the file with other users on the computer or just keep it available for the account you are using now from the option beneath the folder.
5. Click on the Next button to proceed with the installation.
6. Click on the Next button to confirm the installation from the following screen.
7. Wait for the blue progress bar to reach the other side of the screen.
8. Click on the Close button when you get to the Installation Complete screen.
In conclusion, that is how to download and install the USB Drivers for the HTC Desire 825 smartphone on a computer that runs on a version of the Windows operating system by using the Universal Windows ADB Driver developed by Koushik Dutta. You can now connect the HTC Desire 825 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable and the USB Drivers will work.
Please share this article: