These are the instructions to download the KingRoot app to root devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The KingRoot app is a new universal one click rooting application that will root most devices running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich software updates. The rooting app is known as a soft root since it does not require an unlocked bootloader to run. Keep that in mind before you try to install a custom recovery on your device. Some manufacturers such as Motorola need an unlocked bootloader before you can install a custom recovery on the device. The same can be said for anyone who is planning on installing a custom ROM or a custom kernel.
KingRoot’s main strength lies in the ability to install root-requiring applications on the device.
Downloading the KingRoot universal one click rooting app for devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from your Android’s settings by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Download the KingRoot APK file from this page directly to your smartphone or tablet browser and install it that way. Others can download the file directly to a computer and copy the file over to the internal storage SD card. Anyone using the SD card will want to use a File Manager to transfer the KingRoot file from the SD card to the device’s app drawer.
- Open your app drawer and check out your new KingRoot app — tap to launch the app.
- From the main page, tap the large button that suggests it will grant root access to your device. (The exact wording of this phrases can change over time and will vary depend on what version of the app you are running).
- Wait until the progress bar reaches 100% and then gives you the “success” message on the display.
- Close the app and reboot your device before you do anything else.
- Head over to the Google Play Store and download the root checker app to check that it did work. You should find your device will now install any of the applications you have waited to try such as the Titanium Backup app or the Greenify app. The Xposed framework could also run on your device.
Some of you might want to check out how to unroot with the KingUser app and remove the KingRoot from the device, so it is running the stock Android again.