The Motorola Moto E3 smartphone comes running on the Android operating system. If ever you want to connect a mobile device that runs on Android to a computer that runs on Windows you do it with the USB cable but the USB cable alone isn’t enough to bridge the connection between the mobile device and the computer. You still need to get the USB Drivers installed on the computer for it to work.
You can find several ways to install the USB Drivers online for Motorola devices so it can be confusing. Most of the confusing arise when you are directed to install the USB Drivers along with other programs. The other programs are not necessary and often are just there to help the manufacturer install something they want you to run on the computer. We often see this with flashing tools that also give people the chance to install the drivers at the same time.
You don’t need any of that just to have the drivers installed on the computer, and we recommend skipping those packages that include other things because they take up more space on the computer and use up more memory.
One of the tools you can use to install the USB Drivers for the Motorola Moto E3 instead is the Universal Windows ADB Driver. The package is light and does not take up much memory on the computer. It does contain several USB Drivers compiled into the one file, but the file itself is still small. What is more, the Universal Windows ADB Driver is also easy to install on the computer and only takes a few seconds.
Downloading the Motorola Moto E3 USB Drivers for Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer and then click on the file when the download completes.
2. Check that the Motorola Moto E3 smartphone is not connected to the computer with the USB cable before continuing.
3. Click on the Next button to begin the setup wizard.
4. Click on the Browse button if you prefer changing the folder that stores the ADB Driver on the computer or just leave it if you want to have the default setting.
5. Click on the Just Me button if you don’t want to share the ADB Driver with anyone on the computer or click on the Everyone button if you want to share it with all accounts.
6. Click on the Next button to continue.
7. Click on the Next button to confirm the installation.
8. Wait for the progress bar to reach the other side of the screen.
9. Click on the Close button when you get to the Installation Complete screen.
That is all you need to install the USB Drivers on the computer for the Motorola Moto E3 smartphone so you can transfer data and develop with the computer. You can now connect the Motorola Moto E3 handset to the computer with the USB cable, and the USB Drivers will work.