The Motorola Moto Z Force smartphone needs to have the OEM USB Drivers installed on the computer before you can connect to the computer and create a bridge between the two devices if the computer is running on a version of the Windows operating system. All versions of Windows need to have USB Drivers installed because that is the program that helps Windows detect the device and understand what device is trying to connect to its apps and tools.
You can often find the USB Drivers available from the official OEM websites, but the files can be large because they often put the drivers in with other tools such as flashing tools that offer you firmware upgrades. If you don’t have any interest in what the tools are offering and all you want is the drivers themselves, then you should keep looking for another source that just provides the drivers because it allows the computer to free up more space which results in better performance for the computer.
One of the ways you can install the USB Drivers without installing anything else like flashing tool along with it is by installing the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer. The ADB Driver packages the USB Drivers for Motorola as well as USB Drivers from a bunch of other OEMs so everyone can have the USB Drivers installed just by installing this one file.
Downloading the Motorola Moto Z Force USB Drivers for Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer and open the file when the download completes above the taskbar.
2. Read the writing on the screen that tells you to make sure that the Motorola Moto Z Force smartphone is not connected to the computer before starting the setup wizard.
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
4. Click on the Browse button if you want to change the location where the ADB Driver file is to be stored on the computer or skip it if you want the default setting that is already selected.
5. Click on the Everyone button if you want the file to be shared with every account that is created on the computer or click on the Just Me button if you only want the ADB Driver to be available when logged into the account you are using now.
6. Click on the Next button to continue.
7. Click on the Next button to confirm the installation and then it begins installing on the computer.
8. Wait for the progress bar to reach the other side of the screen.
9. Click on the Close button when you get to the Installation Complete screen.
In conclusion, that is how to download and install the Motorola Moto Z Force USB Drivers on a computer that is running on a version of the Windows operating system. You can connect the Motorola Moto Z Force smartphone to the computer with the USB cable now and expect that the USB Drivers will be working for your developing and data transferring.