Most people run computers that use a version of the Windows operating system on them and not another operating system like you get on Mac devices or Linux. If you own a mobile device that runs on the Android operating system and want to connect it to the computer that runs on Windows, then you are going to need to have the right OEM USB Drivers installed on the computer if you want to do any development work.
The smartphone can connect to the computer with the USB cable, but the USB cable alone is not enough to make it work with the computer running Windows. The USB Drivers make it possible to connect to the computer with the USB cable and then use things like flashing tools to flash official firmware updates and things like that. What’s more, your device also needs to have the USB Drivers installed on the computer before it can do things like transfer data.
A developer named Koushik Dutta has developed an effective way for all people who need to have the USB Driers installed on the computer. Over the years, the process of getting the Drivers installed has been known as a royal pain with people having no idea how to find the Driver package—or when they do find the package, it is hard to be installed.
Koushik’s’ Universal Windows ADB Driver solves both of those problems at once by giving you the one file you need to install across all well-known OEMs, and the installation process is simple. About the only problem you will find with the Universal ADB Driver is that it doesn’t always work if you are running on Windows XP or earlier versions of Windows, but that shouldn’t be a problem for you because we are coming toward the latter stages of the Windows 10 operating system and everybody should be using a version of Windows that is above XP at this stage.
Downloading the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro USB Drivers on Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer and click on the file after the download completes so that the setup wizard opens up on the computer.
2. Check to make sure that you don’t have a Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro smartphone connected to the computer before you begin the setup wizard.
3. Click on the Next button to continue.
4. Click on the Browse button and change the folder that is set if you don’t like the default option or just leave as on the option it is set on already.
5. Click on the Everyone button if you want to share the file with everyone or click on the Just Me button if you only want to keep it with yourself.
6. Click on the Next button to continue.
7. You then get to the screen where you need to confirm the installation by clicking on the Next button once last time and then it all begins to install.
8. Wait until the progress bar to reach the other side of the display.
9. You then get to the Installation Complete screen when the download and installation completes. Click on the Close button to exit the setup wizard.
The Universal Windows ADB Driver is now installed on the Windows computer, and it has given you the USB Drivers for the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro smartphone. You can connect the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro smartphone to the computer anytime you want, and the USB Drivers will be working automatically for as long as you don’t delete the file you just installed from the computer.