The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 smartphone can connect to a computer so you can do developing and transferring of data. It doesn’t matter what operating system is running on the computer; it can connect to it regardless.
Even though there are no limits as to what types of computers, the smartphone is capable of connecting to, the requirements for the device to be able to do anything on the computer then change. For example, if your computer is running on a version of the Windows operating system then you need to have the USB Drivers installed on the computer before that device can do anything.
Most smartphone and tablet OEMs make the USB Drivers available from their official website. However, they don’t typically just give you the driver itself. Instead, they make you have to download and install a program that often includes things like the chance to update firmware for that OEM, and that means you are using up lots of space on the computer with a program that benefits the manufacturer but not you who just wanted to get the drivers installed.
That is why it is best to find the drivers and nothing more. The Universal Windows ADB Driver is a package that is only drivers, and it comes with the USB Drivers for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 smartphone after you install it.
Downloading the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 USB Drivers for Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer and then when the download finishes you need to click on the file that is available just above the taskbar.
2. Make sure that your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 smartphone is unplugged from the computer and the USB cable before getting started with the setup wizard.
3. Click on the Next button at the bottom to begin.
4. Click on the Browse button and then choose the folder where you would like the file to be stored on the computer. Otherwise, just leave it as the default option that it is already set on if you don’t have a preference.
5. Click on the Everyone box if you would like to share the driver package with every account that is on the computer or click on the Just Me box if you don’t want anyone else apart from your account accessing the file.
6. Click on the Next button when you are ready for the installation of the Universal Windows ADB Driver to begin.
7. Click on the Next button when you are ready to confirm the installation and for it to begin.
8. Wait for the blue progress bar to get to the other side of the screen.
9. Click on the Close button when you get to the Installation Complete screen to exit the setup wizard and start using the computer with the USB Drivers installed.
In conclusion, that is how to download and install the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 USB Drivers on a computer that is running on a version of the Windows operating system. You can connect the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 device to the computer with the USB cable now, and the USB Drivers will automatically be working when you want to do developing or transferring of data.
Please share this article: