The HTC One M9 is a high-end device and needs to be updated with the very latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop version for those preferring to check out the features by a custom ROM. Let me introduce you to a very new ONYX Custom ROM with all the good looks of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and features. After installing this custom ROM on your phone you will be able to get all the features of Lollipop OS.
After installing this custom ROM on your phone you will not be able to get any help free because your phone’s warranty will get voided immediately. After that you will be charged or any assistance. Installing the Onyx ROM is also risky so follow the guide carefully or you might end with a bricked device.
You need a PC, a USB cable and your HTC One M9 phone for this process. Make sure that your PC have internet connection on it. Your phone should be rooted (how to root HTC One M9) and a custom recovery should be installed on your phone, install TWRP form on HTC One m9. Make sure that your phone is charged to 50% battery so it won’t get off during the installation process because it may brick your phone.
Backup all of your important data stored on your phone because all the internal memory will get wiped during this installation process. Backup your media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive. To backup your contacts sync all contacts to your Google account, it will keep them safe.
Steps to install ONYX ROM on Verizon HTC One M9:
- First download ROM zip from here and G apps package from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC and move both zip file to your phone.
- Unplug your phone from PC and shut it down.
- Now boot it up to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode tap on “Backup” an confirm the step to backup the previously installed ROM.
- Now come back to main menu and tap on wipe and confirm to clear the data and cache.
- After that finally tap on “install” and choose the ROM zip file, confirm to begin the installation of that ROM on your phone.
- When installation’s done come back to main menu and repeat the step 7 with Google apps zip file.
- After installation come back to main menu and tap on “reboot” then “system” to reboot your phone to OS mode.
Wait for some time and soon you will see a welcome screen with setup screen, complete that setup with all the right details and take all over your phone again. And all the queries about this ROM should be posted in the comment section below.