Proprietors of the rather new Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 have just received a new 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Android devices which will boost them up to the latest XXUDMH8 build. This is an official firmware release by the Samsung team.
Because it has found its way into mobiles settings apps for the last few days now, there is also a file users can download manually which is available for the official Samsung website.
This upgrade is still being carried out and should continue to do so for at least the next couple of weeks. That means if you haven’t received it yet, you can expect it anywhere from now and then with the exception of a few people including the ones who have added customization. Those who aren’t finding it coming over the air will have to download it manually or via Samsung KIES. If it’s the file you are after, you can download it directly from the bottom of the article.
There are no reports on what this specific build brings a lot with it so you might be in for a pleasant surprise. What we do now, however, is that it will have the usual bug fixes and improvements, so if you are noticing any issues it may resolve them for you.
Features of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Android 4.2.2 was disappointing for some owners because they were expecting the phone to come with Android 4.3 jelly Bean. With that being said, 4.2.2 is still a good upgrade over the earlier 4.2.1 before it so I will tell you about some of the changes that makes it better from the older version.
- When you first unbox the phone and start using it you will probably head to the Google Play store and download some applications. This is the first change worth noting. You can still browse the same way you would before, but while the app is downloading you will now be presented with an estimated time remaining underneath the app. This is Android’s own calculation to try and let you know how long it will be and not just guessing by looking at the bar.
- Holding down on the WiFi and Bluetooth widgets will open new menus. This menu won’t work for any of the other widgets.
- Google has brought in some changes to the charging sounds. There are two new sounds. One is for the wireless charge and the other is a low battery sound that many people found annoying in the older version.
This guide is only made for the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and shouldn’t be carried out on any other device unless you want to risk bricking it and doing harm. Most devices have separate guides and as such should be soft after if you need them. We have the search box located on the right side of the site which you can type in information and look for guides. The best alternative would be to type it into Google.
Ever since Android updated to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich there is a new developer options. To find it go to Settings > About Phone and tap 7 times with your fingers in the build number. This will unlock it! After tapping on the screen 3 times it will let you know there is only 4 remaining. Now that it is installed go back to the settings application and click on Developer Options and enable the USB debugging option from inside.
Backup all of your data to the devices internal memory Micro SD card.
Download and install the Samsung USB drivers here so the smartphone can connect to the computer.
How To Flash The Android 4.2.2 jelly Bean XXUDMH8 Firmware On The Samsung galaxy S4 GT-I9505
1. Download the XXUDMH8 firmware here.
2. Download ODIN 3.07 here.
3. Extract both the firmware file and the ODIN file to the desktop.
4. Remember this needs to be done on a Windows PC.
5. Power down the S4 and boot it back up into download mode. This will get you in download mode: Volume Down > Home and Power buttons at the same time.
6. Run ODIN as an Administrator by rick-clicking on the file and choose “run as admin”.
7. Plug the galaxy S4 into the Windows-based computer and watch inside the ODIN application for an “added” message to appear. Now you know the connection was made correctly.
8. Search for the PDA button.
9. Upload the tam.md5 file into this box.
10. Do not check re-partition, but do check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options if they are not already checked by default.
11. press the start button and wait patiently without touching any of the settings. The flashing process has started and we must leave everything until it finishes. That also includes touching the phone and the computer just to be safe.
12. Wait until you see a “pass” message appear. Now it has finished.
13. Disconnected your USB chord properly by right-clicking the computer mouse on the Windows taskbar where the USB icon is in the bottom right side of the screen. Press the stop button and wait for it to say you can safely disconnect it now. Now unplug your chord from the computer and the smartphone.
Please share this article: