If you are a Google manager user, you will have this update over the air coming into your setting’s panel. For the rest of us, we will have to download it manually. We have a whole page with all the Google Gapps on there. To view that page, I have provided a link towards the bottom of this post. This Google apps package used for the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Do not try to use it on other firmware or ROM. If you are heading to the rootzwiki page, you can see it says, “not recommended” for 4.2.1, and a very precise do not even try it on the other 4.X. That is interesting. I don’t know anyone who has tried it on 4.2.1, but it seems the option is there if you are desperate.
There is no difference between this zip file and the other zip file I have on our official Gapps page. It’s just we know people type very specifically which Gapps pack they want into Google, and our page struggles to rank for those requests, so I have created a specific page for the 4.2.2 with a direct link included at the bottom. Below you can also find the official change log for the Google apps.
* All apps updated to 4.2.2 versions
* Google Play Store updated to 3.10.14
* Google Play Services updated for 3.0.25
* Gmail2.apk (Gmail) and GoogleEars.apk (Sound Search for Google Play) removed since they are available in the Google Play Store
** May require uninstalling and reinstalling Gmail and Sound Search after flashing.
* Keeps previous version’s Photosphere/Picasa sync install on Mako, Manta, and Tuna.
Download the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean pack: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
Check out our full Gapps page here.