The Motorola Moto X Style recovery mode is a separate bootable partition which you can boot the device and perform some extra operations you cannot do from the stock ROM. usually when we boot into the stock recovery mode, we can take a factory reset and wipe the data to recovery our devices if they are bricked or suffering from system lag. Applying that is like applying a master reset; it is the same thing.
A custom recovery on the Motorola Moto X Style is different in that we can do a lot more once we boot into the custom recovery mode. We can backup by taking NANDroid backups, which is like taking a complete snapshot of the ROM so you don’t lose any data. We can install zip file or even multiple zip files at once. Plus, you can wipe and factory reset like you would do from a stock recovery.
While the features of a stock recovery and a custom recovery differ, the way in which we boot the device to get in the recovery mode doesn’t. We can boot in the recovery mode using the same button combination for the Motorola Moto X Style.
Booting The Motorola Moto X Style In Recovery Mode (Stock and Custom)
- Long-press the Power button until you know the Moto X Style is definitely all the way off.
- Reboot holding the Volume Down + Home buttons and do not let go for at least 5 seconds.
- Now let go of the two buttons and you should see the fastboot menu on your device.
- Scroll down through the list of options from the fastboot menu using the Volume Down button until you see the recovery mode.
- Press the Volume Up button just once and quickly.
- Now wait until you see the Android logo.
- You should now be in the recovery mode.
If you get to the last or second last step and it is not showing the recovery mode, press the Power button + Volume Up for 3 seconds and then let go.