The HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphone runs on the Android operating system. All versions of Android can connect to computers, but if that computer you want to connect to is running on a version of the Windows operating system, then you need to have the USB Drivers installed on the computer before they can work.
Most OEMs offer a way you can get the USB Drivers installed from the official websites, but in doing so, they make you install other programs such as flashing tools that take up lots of space on the computer. That’s why you want to avoid those packages if you can find something much more lightweight.
If you can get a file that just contains the USB Drivers you need and nothing more then that is what we recommend installing on your computer. The Universal Windows ADB Driver is about as close as it gets without using the raw driver file. The ADB Driver contains the USB Drivers for a large number of manufacturers all put together onto the one file so your HTC smartphone can have the USB Drivers installed and your friends LG smartphone can have the USB Drivers installed also. Even though the file contains more than one USB Driver package, it is set up the same way for everybody and the file size is not large.
Download the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle USB Drivers for Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer and then click on the file when the download completes just above the taskbar.
2. Make sure that the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphone is not connected to the computer with the USB cable.
3. Click on the Next button when you are ready to begin the setup wizard.
4. Click on the Browse button and then choose the folder where you want the file to be stored if you are not happy with the default option that is already selected for you. You can keep it set on the same default option if you don’t want to change the folder.
5. Click on the Just Me button if you don’t want t share the ADB Driver file or click on the Everyone button if you would prefer sharing the file you are installing with all of the accounts associated with the computer.
6. Click on the Next button to confirm the installation and then it begins installing on the computer.
7. Wait for the progress bar to reach the other side of the display.
8. Click on the Close button when it gets to the Installation Complete screen.
In conclusion, that is how to download and install the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle USB Drivers on a Windows PC by making use of the Universal Windows ADB Driver. You can now connect the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle smartphone to the computer with its USB cable and expect the USB Drivers to work automatically.
Please share this article: