APK is the extension for the files that Android uses for its Applications and Games. If you own an Android smartphone, you must be familiar with these APK files. We all have downloaded and installed APK files, but did you ever think you could edit APK Files? Using the tools available freely from the senior developers, you can easily modify the APK files and change whatever you want inside it. With such tools, you can edit the XML files in the APK as well as you can modify the images used in it. Now, it is up to your developing thinking on how you want your modified app should look like now. In the following article, we will show you how you can accomplish said task using a free tool.
Editing APK Files with APK Multi-Tool
APK Multi-Tool is a simple tool designed for the Android Developers as well as for the beginners who are just eager to know what an APK file contains. An APK is nothing but a ZIP file consisting of all the files required to run the app. It contains the XML files which developers use to design the user interface, Java classes to add functionality in the apps and so on. It also includes the visual graphics which you see as a background of the app on your smartphone.
Let’s see how you can use this tool on your Windows based computer.
Editing APK files with the APK-MultiTool
- Download the APK Multi-Tool from its official website.
- Once you have grabbed the setup file, just double-click on it to start the installation process.
- You will have to go through some steps to finish the installation. Finally, you will have the tool installed on your PC.
- The default directory of the installation is C: APK_MultiTool. I will assume that you have installed the tool in this folder for the rest of the steps below.
- Open up the folder where you have installed the tool and double-click on the Setup.bat file.
- A window will appear on your screen. Press the number 3 on your keyboard and hit the Enter button. It should create the required directories in the tool folder so it can work.
- When it has done creating directories, just close the window.
- Now, choose any APK file you want to edit and place it in the place-apk-here-for-modding folder.
- Open the tool by double-clicking on Script.bat file. It is the primary tool we will be using to edit the files.
- A splash screen will appear first, hit any key to continue.
- You will now land in the main program window. Press the number 23 on your keyboard and hit Enter. It will let you select the APK file which you want to work on now.
- On the next screen, you have to choose the APK file you want to edit. Input the number which is displayed just before the APK file name and then hit the Enter button.
- You will return to the main window after the APK has been chosen.
- Press no 1 and hit the Enter button. It will extract files from the APK file and put them inside the projects folder located in the tool folder.
Close the window as soon as the extraction is finished.
Here you go, the files from the APK file have now been extracted, and you can find them inside the projects folder. Go inside the folder and edit what you want.
Please share this article: