I think kids these days are turning from TV to smartphone. A really smart choice as the modern smart phones are effective at capturing their imagination, and more importantly, their attention. Then, there is the risk of the fact that these little consumers may erase your contacts, delete important messages and send emails from your work account. Hence, we have the Kids Mode.
It is an interesting and helpful feature and allows your child to have fun with your device without you worrying. All platforms have the Kids Mode feature and so does the HTC One M8. With this feature, you can get access to all the entertaining and educational bit while all other apps and contacts are safe. Here is how to set up the feature.
We recommend taking a back up of the phone data before starting the steps. You do not automatically lose data such as phone contacts and pictures after the steps below. However, should something go wrong and you are forced into applying a factory reset or a hard reset, you do lose the data. That’s why it’s a great idea to use a third-party application from the Google Play store to back up first. Try using Helium for Android from the Google Play Store of you are searching for names.
Switch to Kids Mode
- For this, you’ll be needing the Zoodles account. Log into the account. If you don’t have one, you’ll have to set it up.
- Make a profile of your kid and tap on it.
- You’ll be having icons for games, story books etc. Tap on any to get access to the apps.
Allowing apps in Kids Mode
- Go to the Parent Dashboard on the Zoodles main screen. You can also access this by going to Settings > Security > Kids Mode
- Now you’ll have to confirm the action for your kid’s lock settings. You can do it either by entering your child’s birth year or by drawing a Z on your screen.
- Now go to Basic Features and tap Apps. All the apps installed on your device shall be displayed here.
- Select the app(s) that you want your child to get access to in the Kids Mood.
- Close the Kids Mode.
- Click on the ‘X’ option on the Zoodles main screen to close the feature.
Please share this article: