Nokia released its Android flagships last year and made a step in Android universe. Nokia made Nokia X platform OS for its phones make users install a custom ROM and you know you can’t operate stock Android custom ROM without any navigation bar as Nokia has only one soft key on it “Back key,” there is no button to or key to open the menu in any opened app. So today I’m going to tell you to enable Nexus like the soft keys on Nokia X / XL.
THIS PROCESS NEEDS ROOT WHICH CAN VOID YOUR PHONE”S WARRANTY SO DO THIS AT YOUR RISK/!
- How to enable the Google Nexus like navigation bar on the Nokia X and Nokia XL smartphones
- Download and install Root Explorer on your phone.
- Launch root explorer, grant root permission and navigate to the root of the system.
- There you will see a file named “build.prop.”
- Now open that file in default text editor and paste this line to the end of it:
- Save this file and exit root explorer.
- Now reboot your device and you will see the nav bar there.
DO NOT TRY THIS ON STOCK ROM OF NOKIA X OR XL AS IT WILL BREAK THE ROM.
So there you go, you have a nav bar on your phone and use your device as normal. If you are not able to perform this tell me in the comment section below I will make a video of this and post it here.
Do share and like this post as so many other X /XL users will get benefited with this.
Please share this article: