If you switched to Samsung phone with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge then you should know some basics of Samsung smart phones. Accessing download mode is one of them, you can do various things after booting your phone to download mode. Today I will tell you all the possible ways to reboot your galaxy S6 edge to download mode. Use download mode carefully, one wrong action may brick your device.
If that is your question then you should be known that download mode is an important mode on Samsung smart phones. Using download mode you can flash stock firmware or root packages to your phone to root or unroot your phone. Also use download mode carefully or it may brick your phone .
You need a PC, a USB cable and your Samsung galaxy S6 edge with internet connection (optional). On your PC disable any antivirus if your PC have any installed on it.
Boot Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Download mode
Using Key Combinations:
- First you need to shut down your phone completely, to do that press and hold power key and select “power off” from the power menu.
- Wait for your device to shut down completely.
- Now turn your phone on by pressing and holding volume up key and home key and power key together for 8 seconds.
- You will see a warning message, just press volume up key once to proceed to download mode.
- Now you are in download mode and from here you can do any update process easily.
Using dedicated app:
This app needs root access to work on your phone
- On your phone open Google play store.
- Search for “Reboot Menu Widget”, when you find it install it to your phone.
- Now put this download widget to your home screen.
- Now when you want’s to reboot to download mode, just tap this widget and select “reboot download” from the menu.
Using Command window:
- On your PC download the ADB package from here. Or you can learn how to install Android SDK and ADB on Windows.
- Extract this package to your desktop.
- Connect your phone to your PC (make sure your phone’s USB drivers are installed on your PC or this won’t work).
- Open that ADB folder and right-click on the blank space while holding the shift key and select “open command window here”.
- When you see a command window just type this command “adb reboot download”.
- Your phone will shut down automatically and reboot to download mode and from here you can perform any manual update task.
Now you know some of the possible ways to reboot your Galaxy S6 Edge to download mode and now you can do some manual update process on your phone easily. Also post any query to me using comment section below.