The stock recovery of the HTC One M8 is very limited. If you want to get the most out of your device, you need to install a custom recovery image on it. By doing so, you are rooting your device and hence can enter the bootloader mode, use customized themes, clear caches and tend to improve the quality of your device by adding custom ROMs, kernels or any other Android file that may improve its functionality.
The process of rooting and playing around with recovery images is risky and should only be performed only by an expert developer. Don’t endeavor if you are just a rookie. The process voids the warranty of the device that means that your device will no longer be subjected to warranty. You can’t blame us if you lose all the data or you end up with a bricked device, hence, try this at your own risk.
As rooting tends to delete all the data (Contacts, videos, messages, photos, emails, etc) from your device, it is wise to backup all of your data on your computer. Also, make sure that your device is charged at least 55% before you start this procedure.
How to enter Fastboot Mode on the HTC One Mini 2
- Turn off your HTC One M8 device. Do make sure that your device is not connected to your computer
- When your device is completely turned off, wait for a few seconds. Now press the Power button.
- When the device turns on, press and hold the Volume Down button and then press the Power button again.
- The Bootloader Mode is now loaded on your HTC One M8 device.
- The touch of your display has now been deactivated; use the Volume rockers to navigate up and down.
- Select the FASTBOOT option and press the Power button to enter the Fastboot mode on your HTC One M8.
- The process mentioned above can be a bit tricky. Try it more than one in case your device does not boot in the first attempt.
That’s it! You are in the FastBoot mode now; you’ve done it! If you have any other queries, please ask us in the comment section below and we will do our best to solve your problem.