HTC One M9 is a great phone having some great hardware and comes with HTC sense UI with blink feed. Some times you need to do some custom actions on your android device to make it look more cool and work more fast but for this first you need to know how to get access to fast boot mode on your phone. Today I will tell you some possible ways to get access to fast boot mode on your HTC one M9
There are some precautions you have to take before preparing for this. First your phone should have enough battery so it won’t get off during the fast boot mode as it may brick your phone. Enable USB debugging mode on your phone (how? see in steps). The important one is to take a backup of all the important data to your PC or any other external drive so it will be safe.
You need a Windows-based PC, your phone and a USB cable. On your PC there should be no antivirus installed or it may interfere during the process which may lead to a bricked device.
Steps to boot HTC one M9 to Fastboot mode
Using a hardware key combination:
Accessing fast boot mode on any phone is the most popular yet, in this mode you just have to use a tricky combination while booting up your phone.
- For this you have to turn your phone off first.
- Press ad hold power key for 5 seconds.
- Now wait till your phone goes off completely.
- Now press and hold volume key and while doing that just press power key once, keep pressing volume up key.
- After some time your phone will be in fast boot mode.
Using a dedicated application:
Some applications are available on Google play store for rebooting your phone to most modes like fast boot, recovery and boot loader or download mode.
- Unlock your phone and open Google Play store.
- Search for reboot manager widget and install it on your PC.
- After installing this app go to all apps on phone and select widgets tab.
- Search for reboot manager widget and put it on home screen.
- Now to reboot your phone to fast boot mode by taping on that widget once and select reboot fast boot.
- Your phone will shut itself down and boot to fast boot mode.
Using ADB commands:
For this you need a Windows PC (not Apple Mac computers) for this. In this method you have to type some commands in command windows to reboot your phone to any new mode.
- First you have to download the ADB package from here. Otherwise you can learn how to install Android SDK and ADB on Windows with three different methods.
- Extract the ADB package anywhere on your PC (on the desktop recommended).
- Now open that folder and right-click on any blank white space inside the folder while holding down the Shift key and select “open command window here”, a command window will open.
- On the M9 smartphone, enable the USB debugging mode by going to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB debugging option.
- Now connect your HTC smartphone to the PC and type this command on the command window: “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Wait till your phone gets rebooted to fast boot mode automatically.
Now you are in fast boot mode and from here you can do some cool things with your phone read like hard resetting your HTC One M9, rooting your HTC One M9 or installing custom recovery on the HTC One M9.