Samsung smartphones allow for inexperienced users to browse the UI safely, as well as offer advanced Android users many great possibilities with opening the device with root access, installing custom ROMs and more. A custom recovery is often required for advanced Android users because of the extra features it allows users to have the ability to install zip files. Those zip files often come with SuperSU and a custom ROM. A stock recovery’s features are far more limited to install software updates, wiping the cache partition and wiping the data.
Those of you wanting to either wipe or factory reset need to get access to the recovery mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini. Once you are in the recovery mode you can factory reset and wipe data with ease. Furthermore, it doesn’t matter if you have a stock recovery or a custom recovery, you can get in the recovery mode by using the same steps during the guide. That isn’t always necessarily the case for every Android device out there, but it is the way it works for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini smartphone.
The way in which we access recovery mode varies between manufacturers. For example, the button combination will be different on Samsung when compared with a HTC device. However, you can usually always enter the recovery mode by pressing keys on the device. Those who cannot get the keys to work, or are unable to use the keys for any reason, can install apps from the Google Play Store to help boot the device in the recovery mode. We won’t endorse any apps here, but if you type the keywords that you need in the search box available from the Google Play Store, you should get the results for that app. For example, if I type ‘recovery mode’ in the search box, a lot of apps that will help boot my device to recovery mode will be present in the results.
Entering Recovery Mode On The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
- Start with turning off the Galaxy S5 mini. You can do that two ways: press the Power button once and select ‘Switch off’ or long-press the Power button.
- Reboot the S5 Mini handset by holding the Power + Home + Volume Up buttons together until you can see the recovery mode displayed on the device’s display.
- Now you can perform any action from within the recovery mode.
- Once you are done with your task like factoring resetting or wiping the cache partition, select the ‘Reboot System Now’ option from the main menu.
- Now the Sammy S5 Mini will reboot the OS in normal mode and you can use the smartphone once again as you were before entering the recovery mode.