Recovery mode is a very important mode in Android devices. Recovery comes pre-installed with all type of android devices, whether it’s a phone, tablet or smartwatch. Recovery mode is a hidden mode you can only access it using some key combination or dedicated app. Today you’ll learn all the possible way to reboot your Galaxy S6 to recovery mode.
Recovery can be used for may tasks, sometimes its official and sometime its unofficial like rooting. Recovery mode should be handled carefully of it might break down your phone. You can also install a custom recovery on your Galaxy S6.
All you need is a windows based PC, a USB cable and your phone. Disable all kind of antivirus during this process or it may brick your phone.
Steps to get access to Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
There are three possible ways to reboot your Galaxy S6 edge to recovery mode.
Using the Samsung Galaxy Key combination:
- First you have to shut down your phone completely.
- To do that just press and hold power key for 3 seconds and select power off from the power menu.
- Wait till your phone gets shut down completely.
- now press and hold power key, volume up key and home key together.
- Wait for some time and you will be in recovery mode.
Using the computer command window:
- First you have to download ADB package from here. Or you can learn how to install Android SDK and ADB on Windows.
- Now extract that package on your desktop (you can also extract it anywhere you want where you can find it easily),
- Open that folder and right-click on the blank space while holing the shift key.
- Click on “open command window here” and plug your phone to your PC.
- Now type this command in the command window “adb reboot recovery”.
- Wait for your phone gets shut down and rebooted to recovery mode automatically.
Using an app that requires root access:
- First unlock your phone and launch the Google Play store.
- On Google Play Store search for Reboot menu widget app.
- Download and install that app.
- After that put this widget on your phone’s home screen.
- Now when you want to reboot your phone to recovery, just tap on this widget once and select reboot recovery from the menu.
Now you know how to reboot your phone to recovery mode and you can do some cool things with your phone using Recovery Mode. You can also ask me for any assistance using the comment section below.