You bought a Huawei P8 Android device? Well your choice is an excellent OS, but if you are new to it and want to learn some basics of Android then you are at the right place. Today I will tell you how to enter your phone to Recovery Mode, which is very useful to apply some custom actions to your phone like rooting your Huawei P8, installing custom recovery to your Huawei P8, unlock bootloader of Huawei P8 or installing any custom ROM.
You should first understand that the Huawei smartphones have two different recovery modes. The first comes stock; therefore is known as the stock recovery. That’s the recovery we are teaching today. The second is the custom recovery. A custom recovery on the Huawei P 8 is either Team Win’s TWRP recovery or ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery. Sometimes you don’t get the choice of which custom recovery to choose, since they aren’t always available for every device.
You only need a custom recovery if you are planning on gaining root access, taking a NANDroid backup, applying a custom ROM and so on. Those wishing to just apply a factory reset or a hard reset only need the stock recovery.
Things to remember:
- Make a backup of your data and contacts.
- Do not use any of the recovery options until you know what are you really doing.
- To boot back your phone to OS mode just select the “reboot system now” option.
Steps to enter Huawei P8 recovery mode:
There are several methods to boot you Huawei to recovery mode. Today I am listing three possible methods to enter recovery mode on your Huawei P8.
Using hardware key combination:
This method is the easiest of all, just follow the steps:
- First you have to shut down your device, press and hold the power key for 3 seconds and tap on “power off” from the power menu.
- Let your device to shut down completely.
- Now boot your device by pressing and holding the Volume key and power key together.
- Wait for sometime and your phone will get booted to recovery mode.
- Now in recovery mode navigate using volume key and select using power key.
Using dedicated application:
For this you need to download an application from Google Play Store so make sure that your phone has data connection on.
- First go to all apps and launch Google Play Store from there.
- Search for “Reboot manager” and download it on your phone.
- After that go to all apps and shift to widgets tab, press and hold the reboot manager widget till you see your home Screen and leave it there.
- Now when you want to reboot your phone to recovery mode just tap that widget once and select reboot recovery from reboot menu.
- Wait for sometime and your phone will reboot to recovery mode automatically.
Using adb commands:
In this method you have to connect your phone to your PC.
- First download ADB package from here and extract it to your desktop.
- Now open that folder and right-click on the space inside the folder and select “open command window here”.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- On command window type this command: “adb reboot recovery” (without quotes).
- Your phone will get shut down automatically and boot to recovery mode after sometime.
Now you know how to boot your P8 phone to recover mode, now you have something important to do with your phone “rooting” and for that you have to go here. But before rooting your phone don’t forget to unlock its bootloader first.