Google released Android 5.0 Lollipop last year, which is the most awaited android version. Google has made some changes in this version of Android. Google changed the interface in this version of android whether it is notification bar, app drawer or recent tasks screen. Google added some features this time, which has never done before. Some of the feature is fast charging, material interface, light and fast UI and much more. Google said that this is the sweetest release ever, but there is some bitterness in it. It has bugs like battery drain, lags, apps force close and many more.
The one big bug is “boot animation memory leak” which takes much amount of memory during boot that kernel has to kill some processes, some time it kills system processes also which makes android OS to take more time to boot as well as it create lags in operation of the OS. This also leads to some problems like app crashes and unstable user interface.
- A developer on XDA Developers claimed that he had found a fix for this bug. He provides a binary file which you have to use to remove this bug. I’ll tell you how to apply this fix on your phone if you are getting these kind of problems with Lollipop ROM. You can also see the post coming from a Reddit thread here.
- First,we want to tell you that this process of applying the fix to your phone is not official as well as risky so apply this fix on your own responsibility. To apply this fix you should have your phone rooted and a custom recovery (TWRP recommended) should be installed.
- Backup any kind of important data from your phone so you won’t lose them if anything wrong happens. Try backup your media files like photos, videos and document files as well. Also backup your phone contacts by syncing them to Google account.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone and make sure your phone should have at least 60% battery left before applying this fix.
- Now you are good to go for applying this fix on your phone, do not delay just head to the steps fast!
Steps to Remove Memory Leak Bug from your Phone
- First reboot your phone to recovery mode and take a backup of your ROM. This is important as if your phone don’t boot up after applying the fix then you will be in big trouble.
- Now download the fix zip file from here.
- Extract the zip file and choose the binary file which suits your phone well. (If your phone has 32 bit architecture then use the file for 32 bit).
- Now transfer this file to our phone and copy this file to your phone to “/system/bin” (just replace the previous file), You can use a Root Manager app available on Google play Store free to do this.
- Now tap and hold on this file and select “Permissions” from the menu and set the permissions as in the picture and click on OK.
- Now reboot your phone normally.
I think this might help you out. If it does please share your experience with us. Or if it’s not or if your phone stuck to boot loop then you can restore the backup you just have made.
Do like and share this with your friends, their phone might get fixed with this fix process.
Please share this article: