If you own a OnePlus One, applied an unsuccessful manual update and now your phone is bricked? This is a common problem when tries to update manually, rooting or installing any custom ROM. Making a full backup of earlier ROM is a precaution to take when you apply any illegal actions with your phone because rooting or installing custom ROM is not always 100% successful. If you had done this without taken full ROM backup then don’t worry, I will tell you today a very easy yet tricky (because you have to do this by typing some commands in command window) process with which you can easily give your OnePlus One another chance to live.
This process can also be done by them who wants to unroot their phone and need their phone’s warranty back. This process simply install stock firmware and recovery to your phone, this will restore your phone to the purchased condition. This process will revoke the root access if your phone have it before. This process also rollback any official update you have done to your phone.
You probably do not know this is not an official process, so this process may get unsuccessful if you don’t take the precautions carefully. You need a Windows-based PC with internet connection, a USB cable and your phone. On your PC disable all kind of security related software like antivirus or anti malware.
Steps to Fix Bricked OnePlus One
- Download and install USB drivers for OnePlus One on your PC, this will help our PC to detect your phone.
- Download ADB drivers and fast boot from here and extract it on your PC’s desktop.
- Now download the official CM11S signed fast boot zip from here and extract it on your desktop, after extraction move the files from the zip file extracted in step 2 into this folder.
- When all this done, boot your phone to fast boot mode by powering it up pressing the power key and volume up key together (you will see an CM logo with Fast boot mode written below).
- Now on PC while pressing the shift key right-click on space inside the fast boot folder (extracted in step 3) and click on “open command window here”.
On command window type these commands:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
fastboot flash dbi sdi.mbn
fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
fastboot flash LOGO logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata_64g.img
Last command will reboot your phone to OS mode and if everything gone right then you will see your phone breathing again. Say thanks to me by liking and sharing this article.