Once you have done that work that is involved in unlocking the LeTv 1S bootloader, you can continue on your journey and follow this guide to find out how to install a custom recovery on the LeTv 1S smartphone. A custom recovery image is going to replace the stock recovery and upgrade your recovery partition with one that comes with more features. For some people, those additional features of a custom recovery are a novelty while for the other people they are a necessity. There is no way anyone can install a custom ROM or custom firmware with the stock recovery partition still running — for all those people it is a necessity. Other people want to get the chance to take full backups with the NANDroid Backup feature, so they do not have to do it from a computer — for those people, it is a novelty.
For the most part, there is no reason not to install a custom recovery so long as you have the confidence to get the job done without any problems. A custom recovery partition offers your smartphone the same recovery features as the stock recovery partition so there is nothing you cannot do to fix your device that you could have done otherwise had you not installed the custom version. With that being said, there are some experts out there like Chainfire — who is the developer of the CF-Auto-Root tool — who have publicly come out to say that they are choosing to move away from a custom recovery image. However, they have not given us further information as to why that might be.
Files You Need
- Download the SP Flash Tool that is going to install your custom recovery from here.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the LeTv 1S smartphone from here.
You must unlock the LeTv 1S bootloader on the smartphone before you can follow this guide and install the custom recovery on the phone. There is no way you can get away with installing the custom recovery image without the bootloader unlocked for this phone.
Installing a Custom Recoverable on the LeTv 1S smartphone
- Download the SP Flash Tool to the computer and have it on the desktop of the computer and then click on the Flash_tool.exe file.
- With the flash tool open, set the Download Agent button as the DA_PL.bin recovery and user data.
- Click the Flash tool’s button that says Download on the user interface.
- Once you have the recovery ready from the Flash tool using the steps above, turn off the smartphone so that it is off completely.
- Take out the battery from the back of the phone and then put it back in again after it is out for about five seconds.
- Connect the LeTv smartphone to the computer with the USB cable and then the flashing tool will automatically begin flashing the new recovery on your phone.
- Once the installation of the new recovery is complete, reboot the phone before attempting to use it.
In conclusion, that is how to install a custom recovery on the LeTv 1S smartphone after you have unlocked the bootloader first. The unlocked bootloader and the custom recovery image will now give you the chance to take the NANDroid Backups. However, to install a custom ROM, you will need to root the smartphone now.
Here is everything you need to root the LeTv 1S smartphone so you can have it rooted and with a custom recovery at the same time which will then allow you to install a custom ROM, custom firmware or anything else like a custom kernel.