The Gionee S6 smartphone launched in China during November of 2015 and is now available in India as of this week. Gionee’s version of the S6 comes with a MediaTek MT6753 processor, hybrid dual-SIM support, 3 GB of RAM, 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with all the usual features coming directly from the Android OS too, like the unique ability to take a hard reset.
These are the guidelines to hard reset the Gionee S6 smartphone using the hardware buttons on your device:
Files And Provisions
- You do not need any files on the Gionee S6 smartphone before you hard reset the device.
- You should backup the Gionee S6 smartphone before you hard reset the handset otherwise you cannot restore any of the data later down the tack. Hard resetting smartphones does wipe the data, including all pictures, settings, videos, music files, phone numbers and other data you have added to the device.
- You can back up your apps and other data using the Helium app from the Google Play Store. There is no one application out there for non-rooted users that does a great job of backing up. Those with a custom recovery installed can take the complete backup with just one tap by using the NANDroid feature from the main recovery menu.
Hard Resetting the Gionee S6
- Long-press the Power key, or tap Power down once and choose the Power Off option from the menu to get your smartphone off completely.
- Hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for at least two seconds.
- Release the Volume Up and Power buttons when you can see the Android logo on the display of your smartphone.
- At this point, hold down the Power button by itself and the Recovery Mode will come up on the display.
- Scroll through the list of option from the recovery Mode using the Volume keys.
- Choose the “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main Recovery menu.
- Confirm you want to wipe the data and factory reset your Gionee S6 by pressing the Power button.