Facebook has the largest user base than any other social network out there in the world. With more than 900 million of users, Facebook has also become a place for the people to find business persons, friends on the web. To keep your account secure on the Facebook, you should always hide some important details of yours from your profile page. The main important thing being here is your Email Address. You should hide your email address on Facebook so the hackers cannot hack your account, thus making your FB as well as Email account safe.
By hiding your important details, such as email address, you are putting your account on the safe side. The procedure to do so is not complicated, and you just have to follow a few steps on the website. Once you have done all the steps, your friends on the site will not be able to see your email and anyone else either. If you are ready, just follow the steps provided below.
Changing Settings to Hiding your Email Address
1. First of all, you need to login to your account on the site. To do so, head over to Facebook and then enter your login credentials like Username and Password. Hit the Login button.
2. When have successfully logged in to your account, you should be able to see your profile page.
3. Now, Edit your profile and find the contact section.
4. Click on the Edit button and an Ajax form will appear on your screen.
5. Choose the email address you want to hide from others on FB and next to it; you will find a button, just click on it.
6. Choose Only me from the list of a few options.
7. Click on the Save button given in that form and the changes you made will be saved by then.
There you did it. From now on, your friends will not be able to see your email address as it has been kept private and is only visible to you. If you ever need to make it visible to others, just change the settings on the same page.
Feel free to leave any queries you have regarding the above process!
Please share this article: