The Oppo Find 7 is a great phone with great power, you can do some great things with this phone. The Find 7 smartphone comes with stock Android UI which requires a certain taste. You can give this phone a whole new customization. But to do this you have to root your phone first. What? Already have root access? Okay, I will tell you what to do next. The next thing you have to do is that you have to install a custom recovery on your phone with which you can tweak your device you way. You can install custom ROMs, custom kernels and themes for CM ROMs. So get ready to get a custom recovery installed on your phone.
Rooting your Oppo phone or installing custom recovery are both unofficial actions and are not recommended by Google or Oppo. Also, these processes are risky so you do this at your own risk. Performing these actions will take away your phone’s warranty and you can’t claim it until you unroot it back and get back to the stock firmware.
You will need a Windows PC (not Mac) with all the security software disabled during this process. You also need a USB cable and your phone. Your phone should be rooted and have at least 70% battery left on it. Do not try to install it on an Oppo smartphone without root access, or your phone might get bricked.
Backup all of your important things from this device to your PC or any other external drive. Sync all of your important contacts to your Google account, you can also export them to your phone’s SD card this way you can’t loose them any way.
Steps to install custom recovery on Oppo Find 7
- First you need to download recovery installer package, this package also contains USB drivers for your phone.
- Install USB drivers to your PC and launch recovery installer executable file from the extracted folder.
- Now shut your device down and boot it by pressing and holding volume up key and power key together, your phone will boot to fast boot mode.
- Now plug-in your phone to your PC.
- Now type the suitable option on the recovery installer (3 for TWRP and 4 for CWM recovery) and press return key.
- Wait for some time and your phone will get the custom recovery of your choice.
Now you can do some customization on your device using this custom recovery. I recommend you install TWRP recovery on your phone because I love its touch screen feature. Also type any query if you have in the comment section below.