So, if you have rooted your BLU Studio 5.0 C HD and are looking for some more adventures to get the most out of your device, then go ahead and get a custom recovery installed on your device. What a custom recovery does on an Android device is allow users to flash various custom ROMs and Mods on their devices.
These custom ROMs often contain new tools, apps, and appearance that you’ve always wanted to get on your device.
If you’re ready, here’s how you can go about installing a recovery on your device:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery. Please check out our how to root the BLU Studio 5.0 C HD tutorial to learn how you can root your device. Then come here and continue.
2. Download ClockworkMod Recovery Image to your computer. It’s the recovery that will be installed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the BLU Studio 5.0 C HD
1. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools on your device.
2. Right-click on ClockworkMod Recovery archive and select Extract here to extract the files.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Copy the actual recovery image file that you extracted from the archive over to the root folder on your SD card.
5. When the file is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
6. Launch Mobileuncle MTK Tools from the app drawer on your device.
7. Tap on Recovery Update in the app.
8. Select the CWM Recovery Image you copied to your device and it will be installed.
9. Wait for the app to install the recovery on your device.
10. When it’s done installing the recovery, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done.
The CWM Recovery is now up and running on your BLU Studio 5.0 C HD device and you can get access to the same using the Quick Boot app.