Maybe you have a rooted Elephone P7000? Maybe you wish to install a custom recovery on it as only root-requiring apps just do not excite you anymore? If so, the guide below should help you.
Here’s how you can install a custom recovery on your rooted Elephone P7000 and get started with flashing custom files on your phone. It should not take too long and you should be running a custom recovery on your phone in no time.
Here you go:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. If yours is not rooted, root it first using our how to root the Elephone P7000 tutorial. Once that is done, return here and continue.
- This tutorial only works on the computers that run Windows as the tool that you are going to use is Windows only.
- Make sure that proper USB drivers are installed on your Windows computer. If they are not, install them first.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your computer. It will be used to flash the recovery on your phone.
- Download Custom Recovery to your computer. It is the recovery that will be flashed on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Elephone P7000
- Extract files from SP Flash Tool and Custom Recovery over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
- When files are extracted, double-click on SP Flash Tool executable and it should launch.
- When the SP Flash Tool launches, click the Download tab.
- Once in the download tab, click the button that says Scatter-loading and choose the file named p7000-recovery that you have downloaded to your computer.
- Click on the Download button in the SP Flash Tool.
- Turn off your phone.
- While your phone is turned off, plug it in to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- The SP Flash Tool should automatically start flashing the recovery on your phone.
- Wait for the tool to finish installing the recovery. It should not take too long to do that.
- When the tool’s done flashing recovery, reboot your phone.
- You are all set!
You now have a working custom recovery up and running on your Elephone P7000 and you can reboot into the same using a root-requiring app like Quick Boot that lets you get into various modes on your phone using single-tap options.
Now that your phone is rooted and also have a custom recovery, you can load it up with your favourite custom ROMs, custom kernels, custom files, and root-requiring apps. While you may just be getting started out with these things, a little help should take you far away in the customization world and our guide on what you can do with a rooted phone helps you with exactly that.
Go ahead, read the guide, and see what you can do with your phone. Usually, it is flashing a custom ROM to bring in more customization options on your phone, flashing a custom kernel to improve the performance of the phone, and making full backups of the phone to be restored at a later time when things are not working well on your phone.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Elephone P8000
- How To Unroot The Elephone P8000
- How To Root And Install A Custom Recovery On The Elephone P6000 Pro
- How To Unroot The Elephone P6000 Pro
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Asus Zenfone 5
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.