Rejoice the Elephone P8000 users as you now have a working custom recovery available for your phone. Yes, the PhilZ custom recovery is now available for your phone that can be flashed using the SP Flash Tool.
Here’s the whole process of flashing PhilZ Recovery on your Elephone P8000:
Files You Need
- You must have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial as the tool that you are going to use is Windows only.
- Ensure that you have your phone’s USB drivers installed on your computer. If they are not, install them first.
- This should flash a custom recovery called PhilZ Recovery on your Elephone P8000.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your computer. You will use it to flash the recovery on your phone.
- Download PhilZ Recovery to your computer. It is the recovery that will be flashed on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Elephone P8000
- Extract files from both SP Flash Tool and PhilZ Recovery over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
- When files are extracted, double-click on SP Flash Tool executable and it will launch.
- When the tool launches, click the tab that says Download.
- Click on the Scatter-loading button and choose the scatter file available on your computer.
- Now, you should see a long list of the files that will be flashed on your phone. Uncheck them all except for RECOVERY.
- Click on the RECOVERY option and navigate to your computer and select the PhilZ Recovery image that you have downloaded to your computer.
- Click on the Download button in the tool.
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Plug in your phone to your computer while it is turned off.
- The SP Flash Tool will automatically start flashing the recovery on your phone.
- Wait for the tool to finish installing the recovery.
- When the tool’s done installing the recovery, reboot your phone.
- Your phone should reboot normally.
- You are all done!
Congrats! Your Elephone P8000 now has a custom recovery called PhilZ that should let you do many things on your phone, even allowing you to gain root on your Elephone P8000.
Rebooting into the recovery is very easy and all you need to do so is an app called Quick Boot that is available for free on the Google Play store. Go, grab the app, and you should be ready to boot into the newly installed custom recovery.
Most users install a custom recovery on their phone to then flash various custom ROMs available out there for their phones. If that was your intention of flashing a recovery, you can do that but first go and get your phone rooted and then you will be able to try out whatever custom ROMs you want on your phone.
Before you get started with flashing ROMs, make sure you use the recovery’s backup feature to fully backup your phone so that you can restore the backup when a ROM did not flash well on your phone. The backup should help you get out of a bricked condition.