Installing a custom recovery on the HTC Desire 601 is as easy as pie, and once you get it up and running on your device, you have all the opportunities to customize your device.
From installing a custom ROM to tweaking your kernel, it’s all possible with a custom recovery.
Here’s how you can flash one on your device:
Files You Need
1. Your bootloader must be unlocked before you can install a custom recovery on your device. Please head to the official HTC bootloader website and get your bootloader unlocked first. Then come back here and do this tutorial.
2. This should only work on a Windows based computer.
3. Download Fastboot to your computer. It will be used to issue commands to your device in fastboot mode.
4. Download TWRP Recovery Image to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be installed on your device.
5. Download and install ADB drivers on your computer, if you don’t already have them.
6. This only works for the GSM variant of the device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the HTC Desire 601
1. Extract files from Fastboot to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turning on the USB debugging option.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Rename the TWRP Recovery Image to twrp.img.
5. Launch a Command Prompt Window where Fastboot files are located. To do that, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
6. Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Your device should reboot into fastboot mode.
8. Now issue the following command to your device:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
9. Wait for it to flash recovery on your device.
10. When it’s done flashing, issue the following command to reboot your device:
11. Your device should reboot.
12. You’re all set!
You’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your HTC Desire 601. Now go ahead and get your device rooted using our how to root the HTC Desire 601 tutorial.