Installing a custom recovery on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 only takes a couple of minutes. Once you are done with that, you have opened the doors for the ability to root your phone.
As soon as a custom recovery starts working on your phone, you can boot into it and flash SuperSU to gain root on your phone. The SuperSU package brings with it the SuperSU app that lets you manage root permissions for various root-requiring apps on your phone.
It’s darn easy to get a custom recovery installed on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7. If you are ready, the guide below is all you need:
Files You Need
- The bootloader on your phone must be unlocked before you can do this tutorial. If your bootloader is locked, get it unlocked from here.
- This should flash a custom recovery called ClockworkMod Recovery on your phone.
- You must have a Windows running computer to do this tutorial.
- Download and install Huawei USB drivers on your computer, if they are not already installed.
- Download Root Package from the XDA Forums to your computer. It has everything you need to flash a custom recovery on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- The first step is to extract files from Root Package over to your computer. To do that, right-click on Root Package and select Extract here and it will extract the files for you.
- Unlock the developer options menu on your phone by heading to Menu->Settings->About phone and tapping on Build number for 7-8 times.
- Go to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Right-click on recovery.bat that you extracted from the archive and select Run as administrator. It should launch the recovery utility under admin rights.
- When the recovery utility launches, press 1 on your keyboard and hit Enter. It is for flashing CWM Recovery on your phone.
- Wait for the utility to flash CWM Recovery on your phone. It should be done in no time.
- When the utility’s done flashing CWM Recovery, reboot your phone into the newly installed recovery by pressing 3 on your keyboard and hitting Enter.
- Your phone should reboot into the newly installed CWM Recovery mode.
- You are all done!
The CWM Recovery was successfully installed on your Huawei Ascend Mate 7. Easily boot the Huawei Ascend Mat 7 into that custom recovery mode to start flashing custom ROMs.
Your phone is now rocking one of the finest custom recoveries available for Android phones, and you can now head to our how to root the Huawei Ascend Mate 7 tutorial to gain root on your phone.
A custom recovery alone cannot let you enjoy root-requiring apps on your phone. In order to enjoy these apps, you are going to need an app called SuperSU which only works when your phone is rooted. So, go ahead and get your phone rooted to get SuperSU app, and then enjoy root-requiring apps as well as many of the best custom ROMs for your phone.
Do let us know how this tutorial worked for you in the comments section below.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Lenovo A3000
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Lenovo A3000
- How To Root The Lenovo A6000 Plus
- How To Unlock The Bootloader On The Huawei Honor 7
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Honor 7
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.