Until and unless you have flashed a custom recovery on your Huawei Honor 3C, you cannot root your phone hence no customization options except for the limited options provided by the manufacturer which are almost nothing compared to what you get with root-access.
Fortunately, the phone has been blessed with a custom recovery that you can flash on your phone and then go ahead and flash SuperSU to root the phone.
If you wish to do that, here’s how:
Files You Need
- You must have a computer that runs Windows in order to do this tutorial. The reason is that the tool that you are going to use is Windows only.
- This should flash a custom recovery called CWM on your Huawei Honor 3C.
- You should have proper USB drivers installed on your Windows computer.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your computer. You will use it to flash the recovery on your phone.
- Download Scatter file to your computer. It will be used with the flash tool to flash your phone.
- Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be flashed on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Huawei Honor 3C
- Extract files from SP Flash Tool over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Double-click on SP Flash Tool executable and it will launch.
- When SP Flash tool launches, click on the Download tab.
- Click on the Scatter-loading button in the tool and choose Scatter file to be used for flashing.
- Uncheck all the options except for RECOVERY in the tool.
- Double-click on the RECOVERY option and select the CWM Recovery file available on your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Click on the Download button in the SP Flash Tool.
- Now, while your phone is turned off, plug it in to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- The SP Flash Tool should automatically start flashing the recovery on your phone.
- Wait for the tool to flash the recovery on your phone.
- As soon as the flashing’s done, you should see a green circle indicating success.
- Click on OK on the SP Flash Tool screen.
- You are all done!
Awesome! Your Huawei Honor 3C has been successfully flashed with a custom recovery and you can now follow our how to root the Huawei Honor 3C tutorial to learn how you can go about rooting your phone.
Although a custom recovery is up and running on your phone, you cannot take full advantage of it ’cause you do not have root access on your phone, yet. Once you have rooted your phone, you should be able to fully use all the features of the recovery as well as the new features that the root access will bring for you.
While there are many tasks that you can do with a custom recovery, the most useful one for you is probably the option that allows you to flash a custom file on your phone. A custom file could be anything; it could be a custom ROM, a custom kernel, or any custom file that can be flashed through a recovery. These are the customization opportunities that you get when you flash a recovery on your phone.
So, go ahead and enjoy whatever the custom recovery has to offer!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Huawei Honor 3C
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On The Huawei Honor 3C
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Xiaomi Mi Note
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Lenovo ZUK Z1
- How To Root The HTC Butterfly 3
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.