With the Huawei Honor 4C, you can use a stock recovery or a custom recovery. The stock recovery is the same recovery mode that comes with your device when you buy it off the shelf. The custom variation is always made by third-party developers and you must install it. It never comes with your device. The beauty of a custom recovery is that you can upload zip files. Uploading zip files means getting root access and installing a custom ROM.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file that contains the custom recovery from this page.
- Turn on the mobile device and enable the USB Debugging Mode. You can do that now by pointing to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Sometimes you cannot see any Developer Options menu depending on your software versions. For all those people, you must unlock the hidden Developer Options menu. Do that now by pointing to the Settings > About Device > tap where it says the build number until it says you are now a developer.
- You must unlock the bootloader on the Huawei Honor 4C before starting this guide for the recovery.
Installing A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Honor 4C
- Download the rooting file from the files section above and move it to the desktop.
- Right-click over the file and choose the ‘extract here’ option.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 4C smartphone to the Windows PC with the USB cable.
- Hold the Shift key on the computer keyboard and right-click the mouse on the desktop.
- You should get a new menu popping up on the display. Choose the ‘open new command windows here’ from that menu.
- Type the first command: ‘adb reboot bootloader’.
- press Enter to confirm that command and get your device booting in the bootloader mode.
- Type the next command: ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery_cm.img’.
- Press Enter and wait for the custom recovery image to get flashed on your Huawei smartpohone.
- Type one lats command to reboot your device: ‘fastboot reboot’.
The Huawei Honor 4C now has a custom recovery installed. You can continue with the next guide and learn how to root the Huawei Honor 4C if you want to install apps that require root access from the Google Play Store.