Without root, you’re missing out on root-requiring apps. And without a custom recovery, you’re missing out on custom ROMs. Since you already have root, it’s time that you flash a custom recovery on your Huawei Honor Holly and you should then be able to flash whatever custom ROMs you want on your device.
Here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. Please head to our how to root the Huawei Honor Holly tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that you’re gonna flash on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Huawei Honor Holly
1. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy CWM Recovery from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
3. When CWM Recovery is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
4. Head over to Google Play and download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools on your device.
5. Launch Mobileuncle MTK Tools from your app drawer.
6. Tap on Recovery Update in the app.
7. Tap on the Recovery Image that you have copied to your device.
8. Confirm the prompts that appear on your screen.
9. Wait for it to install recovery on your device.
10. When it’s done installing recovery, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
ClockworkMod Recovery was successfully installed on your Huawei Honor Holly. The Quick Boot app should help you quickly reboot into the recovery mode on your device. Enjoy!