If you have grabbed the Lite version of Huawei P8 and are wondering if there is a way to root and install a custom recovery on it, then you shouldn’t be in worry as both of the aforesaid things are available for your phone.
In order to root your phone, you are going to need a custom recovery and that is exactly what you are going to install on your phone in the following guide. So, go ahead and follow the following guide and get a custom recovery installed on your Huawei P8 Lite:
Files You Need
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on your phone before doing this tutorial. If you haven’t done so yet, please do so now.
- This should flash a custom recovery called TWRP on your Huawei P8 Lite.
- You must have a Windows running computer to do this tutorial.
- You should have Universal ADB drivers installed on your Windows computer. Install them if they are not already installed.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. It will help you execute commands on your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be installed on your phone.
- You should only do this on a Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L04).
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Huawei P8 Lite
- Extract files from Fastboot over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times and it should unlock the developer menu for you.
- Visit the newly unlocked menu at Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Copy TWRP Recovery over to the fastboot folder.
- Launch a command prompt window in the fastboot directory by opening the folder, holding down Shift and right-clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting Open command window here.
- When the command prompt launches, type in the following command and hit Enter:
- Ensure that your phone shows up on the list. If it does, you are all set.
- Now, type in the following command into the command prompt window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone should reboot into the bootloader mode.
- When the phone enters bootloader, type in the following command and hit Enter:
- Make sure your phone is there on the list.
- Now, issue the following command using command prompt window. Make sure to replace twrp.img with the actual name of the TWRP Recovery image you have downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- It should start flashing TWRP on your phone. Wait for it to do so.
- When it’s done installing TWRP, reboot your phone by issuing the following command:
- Your phone should reboot.
- You are all done.
Congrats! You have successfully installed a working version of TWRP custom recovery on your Huawei P8 Lite and you are all set to gain root access on your phone. Once done, you’ll have an open Android world waiting for you to enjoy its custom developments on your device.
Maybe you do not want to root the P8 Lite and would just prefer using your custom recovery? You can do that by learning how to enter Recovery Mode on the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone.
The recovery that you just installed will let you enjoy a number of custom ROMs on your phone. From the famous CyanogenMod to the MIUI, you will be able to get all of these ROMs running on your phone with the help of TWRP.