Intex Aqua SX is one of those Android devices that enjoy multiple custom recoveries. It has been able to get COT, CWM, and TWRP Recovery – which are considered to be some of the greatest custom recoveries ever available for Android devices.
The guide below teaches how you can install the ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on your device so you can then flash SuperSU and gain root-access on it.
Here you go folks:
Files You Need
1. You must be using a Windows PC to be able to do this tutorial.
2. Please install MTK Drivers before you begin with the tutorial.
3. Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It’s the recovery that will be flashed on your device.
4. Download SP Flash Tool to your computer. It will help you install the recovery on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Intex Aqua SX
1. First of all, right-click on both CWM Recovery and SP Flash Tool and select Extract here to extract their files.
2. Once extracted, double-click on Flash_tool.exe and it will launch.
3. Click on Scatter-loading button in the tool and select the scatter .txt file that you extracted from the recovery archive.
4. You should see multiple checkboxes in the tool. Uncheck them all except for RECOVERY.
5. Hit Download button in the tool.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Hold down Volume UP key and plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
8. The tool should start installing the recovery on your device.
9. When the recovery is installed, reboot your device.
10. You’re done.
You’ve successfully installed the CWM custom recovery on your Intex Aqua SX. It’s time to root your device, so go ahead and follow our how to root the Intex Aqua SX tutorial to get your device rooted in no time.