The Lenovo A3000 has been blessed with two of the popular custom recoveries, and that makes rooting the tablet much easier than anything. Just flash a custom recovery on the tablet and then use it to flash SuperSU, and you are all set with root-access on your tablet. This is exactly what you are going to learn in the following tutorial.
Once a recovery has been installed on your tablet, you should be able to use it to backup your tablet, restore backups, wipe data, factory reset, and even flash a custom ROM. All those things from under one roof. Sounds good, huh?
Let us show you how you can get a custom recovery installed on your Lenovo A3000:
Files You Need
- Please backup the important files that are saved on your phone, just in case something goes wrong.
- You must have access to a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial.
- You should have Lenovo USB drivers installed on your computer. They are included in the flash tool archive, so install them first before doing the tutorial.
- This should flash ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on your Lenovo A3000.
- This tutorial only works for the A3000-H variant of the tablet.
- Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It will be flashed on your tablet.
- Download Flashtool to your computer. It should help you flash a custom recovery on your tablet.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Lenovo A3000
- First of all, unzip files from CWM Recovery over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here. You should get a file with .img extension.
- Right-click on the recovery file and select Rename. Enter recovery.img as the new name for the recovery file.
- Extract files from Flashtool over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Run Flashtool as admin by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator. The tool should launch under admin rights.
- In the Flashtool, there’s an option that says DA DL All with check sum. Checkmark it.
- Click on Scatter-loading button in the tool and select the Scatter file that has come with the tool.
- You should see a long list of the files that are going to be flashed on your tablet. Uncheck them all except for the RECOVERY option.
- Click on the RECOVERY option and select recovery.img that you have downloaded to your computer.
- Click on Download button in the tool for it to begin the flash procedure.
- Turn off your tablet completely.
- Now, connect your tablet to your computer without turning it on using a USB cable.
- The tool should begin installing a custom recovery on your tablet.
- Wait for the tool to finish installing a recovery on your tablet.
- When the Flashtool’s done installing a recovery, reboot your tablet.
- You are done!
The ClockworkMod Recovery was successfully installed on your Lenovo A3000-H tablet, and you can now follow our how to root the Lenovo A3000 tutorial to root your tablet.
Additionally, you can learn how to boot the Lenovo A3000 into the custom recovery mode and start taking NANdroid backups and flashing custom ROM files.
Now that a custom recovery is up and running on your tablet, you now only need root-access to be able to flash a custom ROM on your tablet. Once that is done, you will have all powers of the universe to customize your tablet. So, go ahead and get your tablet rooted, and then head on to an exciting customizable journey with your tablet.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Lenovo A6000 Plus
- How To Unlock The Bootloader On The Huawei Honor 7
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Honor 7
- How To Root The Huawei Honor 7
- How To Unlock The Bootloader On The Huawei MediaPad X2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.