Maybe you’ve rooted your Lenovo A850+ but have no clue as to what to do next? Well, we’d suggest you to flash a custom recovery on your device that’ll help you flash custom ROMs and custom kernels on your device. These custom developments help you get more out of your device than what you’re getting now.
If you’re interested, you can follow our guide that teaches how to install a custom recovery on the Lenovo A850+:
Files You Need
1. Before you can install a custom recovery on your Lenovo A850+, your device must be rooted. If you haven’t done so yet, please check out our guide that teaches how to root the Lenovo A850+ so you can then install a custom recovery on it.
2. Download Carliv Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be installed on your phone.
3. Download Mobileuncle MTK Tools app on your phone. It’ll be used to install the recovery on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Lenovo A850+
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy recovery.img from your computer over to the SD card storage on your phone.
3. When the recovery is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Open app drawer on your phone and launch Mobileuncle MTK Tools.
5. When the app launches, tap on Recovery Update.
6. Navigate to where you have saved the recovery file and select it to be installed on your phone.
7. Wait for it to install the recovery on your device.
8. When it’s done installing the recovery, reboot your device.
9. You’re done.
Carliv recovery is now up and running on your Lenovo A850+ and you can reboot into the same using Quick Boot. Those of you not liking the Quick Boot idea can learn more ideas by following the how to boot the Lenovo A850+ into the custom recovery mode using the hardware keys.
Please share this article: