If you already have root access on your LG G Pad 7.0, then you should probably go ahead and get a custom recovery installed on it. A custom recovery will bring with it the options that were never present in the stock recovery. These options include flashing a custom ROM & kernel, backing up full system, and so on.
The guide below should walk you through the steps to install TWRP Recovery on your LG G Pad 7.0:
Files You Need
- Your tablet must be rooted before you can flash it with a custom recovery. Please head to our how to root the LG G Pad 7.0 tutorial to learn how you can root your tablet. When you’re rooted, return here and continue.
- This tutorial should work for both WiFi only and LTE variants of the tablet.
- Download the recovery that is for your specific variant of the tablet: WiFi Only OR LTE.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG G Pad 7.0 (WiFi Only & LTE Variants)
- Connect your tablet to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your tablet can receive files from your computer.
- Copy TWRP Recovery Image from your computer over to the internal storage on your tablet.
- When TWRP Recovery is copied, disconnect your tablet from your computer.
- Launch Google Play on your tablet and search for and tap on Flashify. It’s the app that will help you flash the copied recovery on your tablet.
- Install the Flashify app on your tablet.
- When the app’s installed, open it from your app drawer.
- Tap on Recovery image in the app.
- Select TWRP Recovery image to be flashed on your tablet.
- Wait for the app to flash TWRP Recovery on your tablet.
- When it’s done flashing the recovery, reboot your tablet.
- You’re all set!
TWRP was successfully flashed on your LG G Pad 7.0 tablet and you can reboot into this newly installed recovery using an app like Quick Reboot.
Let us know how the recovery works for you in the comments below!