If you’re rooted, then you should definitely install a custom recovery on your LG G Stylo (MetroPCS) as it allows you to play around with various custom ROMs and custom tweaks on your phone. Not only that, but it lets you fully backup your phone with all of its settings and apps for you to restore when things go south.
If that sounds good to you, here’s how you can install TWRP – a custom recovery on your phone:
Files You Need
- Your phone must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. Please check out our how to root the MetroPCS LG G Stylo tutorial to learn how you can root your phone. Once you’re rooted, come back here and continue with this tutorial.
- This only works for the variants that have the model number – H631 or MS631. Please don’t try it on any other devices.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery that you’re going to flash on your phone in the following guide.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG G Stylo (MetroPCS)
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy TWRP Recovery from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When TWRP is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Head over to Google Play and download and install Flashify app on your phone.
- Launch the app once it’s been installed on your phone.
- Tap on Recovery image under the Flash section to flash a custom recovery image on your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to find and flash the TWRP Recovery image on your phone.
- When it’s done flashing the recovery, reboot your phone.
- You’re all done!
Your phone is all set to be loaded with your favourite custom ROMs as it now has a custom recovery up and running on it!