In order to fully customize an Android device, you need to have a custom recovery in addition to the root-access. Root only lets you install root-requiring apps whereas a custom recovery lets you flash full firmware’s on your device.
Instead of customizing individual items on your device, you can just replace your whole ROM with a custom one to change everything at once.
Here’s how you can install a custom recovery on your LG G Stylo from T-Mobile LG-H631 to install a custom ROM on it and enjoy many great features that it brings with it. Here you go:
Files You Need
1. Your phone must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please head to our how to root the LG G Stylo from T-Mobile tutorial to learn how you can root your phone.
2. This should install the TWRP custom recovery on your LG G Stylo.
3. Download TWRP Recovery Image to your computer. It is the custom recovery image that will be installed on your device.
4. This tutorial only works for the LG-H631 device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG G Stylo LG-H631 (T-Mobile)
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy Recovery Image from your computer over to the SD card storage on your phone.
3. When the image is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
4. On your device, launch Google Play and search for and tap on Flashify.
5. Install the Flashify app on your device.
6. Once installed, launch the app from your app drawer.
7. Tap on Recovery image under the Flash section in the app.
8. Select the TWRP Recovery Image to be installed on your device.
9. Wait for the app to install the recovery on your device.
10. When the recovery’s installed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
Your LG G Stylo now rocks the TWRP custom recovery that works like a charm on on Android device.
Go ahead and load up your device with your favorite custom ROMs, if there are any. Once you have the custom ROM file, just boot the LG G Stylo into the custom recovery mode and upload the ROM.