Now that your bootloader is unlocked, you can install a custom recovery on your LG G Watch R using the following guide. This custom recovery should replace the stock recovery on your watch and allow you to enjoy many features that your stock recovery didn’t offer.
These features include backing up full system, installing a custom ROM, wiping the data, to name a few. If you’re interested, the guide below is all you need to get a custom recovery up and running on your LG G Watch R:
Files You Need
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on your watch before doing this tutorial. Please head to our how to unlock the bootloader on the LG G Watch R tutorial to learn how you can unlock your bootloader.
- This should flash TWRP Recovery on your watch.
- You must have access to a Windows computer to do this tutorial.
- Make sure that ADB drivers are installed on your Windows computer.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer.
- Download ADB to your computer. It should help you flash a custom recovery on your watch.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG G Watch R
- Right-click on ADB and select Extract here to extract the compressed files.
- On your watch, head to About and tap on Build number for 7 times. It should unlock the ADB mode for you.
- Connect your watch to your computer using a cable.
- Open a Command Prompt Window in the folder where ADB files are located. ADB and TWRP Recovery files should be in the same folder or the steps below won’t work. To open the window, hold down Shift on your keyboard and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your watch should reboot into bootloader mode.
- Type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the recovery image that you have downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for it to install TWRP Recovery on your watch.
- When it’s done flashing TWRP, reboot your watch.
- You’re all done!
And there you go.
TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your LG G Watch R and you can use the
adb reboot recovery command to reboot into the newly installed custom recovery on your watch.
Now that you have a custom recovery, you can follow our how to root the LG G Watch R tutorial to root your watch and gain access to the apps that weren’t available to you before. It’s a must-do thing for you if you’re a flashaholic.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root LG G Watch R On Android Wear OS
- How To Install CyanogenMod On Xiaomi Mi4
- How To Root Wiko Ridge 4G On Android 4.4.4
- How To Root Kyocera Event On Android 4.0
- How To Root LG Optimus G Pro Lite On Android 4.1.2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.