For those of you who were waiting for a custom recovery for their LG G2 from AT&T, you now have TWRP custom recovery available for your phone that you can flash on the phone using the Flashify app available on the Play store.
Files You Need
- If you are running Android Lollipop on your phone, you will first need to downgrade to Android KitKat using this and this and this file and the instructions over here on this page.
- Your phone must be rooted on Android KitKat before you can flash a custom recovery on it. To root your phone, you can use the Towelroot app that works just fine to root the phone.
- This should flash a custom recovery called TWRP on your LG G2 from AT&T.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It will be flashed on your phone.
- You should only try this on an AT&T LG G2 model numbered as D800.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG G2 (AT&T)
- Connect your LG G2 to your computer using a suitable USB cable and ensure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy TWRP Recovery from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone. Place the file in the top directory so you can easily find it in the following steps.
- When TWRP Recovery is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Head over to the Google Play store and download and install Flashify app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- The app should ask you for SU permissions. Grant it those permissions by tapping the Grant button in the SU prompt.
- Now, tap the option that says Recovery image under the Flash section.
- On the screen that follows, choose the Choose a file option which should let you choose a file to be flashed on your phone.
- Choose the TWRP Recovery image you have downloaded to your phone to be flashed.
- Confirm the prompt and Flashify should start flashing TWRP on your phone.
- Wait for Flashify to flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- When Flashify’s done installing TWRP, reboot your phone.
- You should be all set!
Your LG G2 from AT&T now has a custom recovery called TWRP that should let you flash various custom developments on your phone. You can reboot into the custom recovery & various other modes using the Quick Boot app available on the Google Play store. That is the best option to easily reboot into the recovery mode on your AT&T LG G2.
Now that you are rooted and have a custom recovery, give a try to various custom ROMs available out there for your phone. These ROMs bring with them tons of new features, appearances, functionalities, and many things that have never been a part of your stock ROM. And what’s more, you can get all of these on your phone easily by flashing the custom ROM using the newly installed TWRP Recovery on your phone. Flashing is as easy as installing an app – just reboot into recovery, tap on Install, choose the file, and it will be flashed.