If you’re one of those curious LG G3 Beat users who wants to try out everything, I mean everything, on his or her device, then you should probably install a custom recovery on your device. What a custom recovery does for you is it lets you flash a number of things on your device that have the power to make your device work the way it never did before.
From overclocking the CPU to changing the whole operating system, it’s all possible once you’ve a custom recovery on your device.
If that sounds good to you, here’s how you can go about installing a custom recovery on your LG G3 Beat to satisfy your curiosity:
Files You Need
1. Your G3 Beat must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please refer to our how to root the LG G3 Beat tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. This should install the TWRP custom recovery on your device.
3. You must have access to a Windows based computer to do this tutorial.
4. Download TWRP Recovery Image that has your device’s model number in it to your computer. It will be installed on your device.
5. Download Minimal ADB to your computer. It will be used to issue commands to your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the LG G3 Beat
1. Extract files from Minimal ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Enable USB debugging on your device from Menu->Settings->Developer options. Just tick-mark the box and it will be enabled.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Copy TWRP Recovery Image from your computer over to the Internal SD card storage on your device.
5. Launch a Command Prompt Window where ADB and Recovery Image are located. To do that, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
6. Type in the following commands into the Command Prompt Window and press Enter. If there are any out of space errors, just ignore them and move ahead.
Also, change the RECOVERYNAME part with the actual recovery image name in the following command:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-18.104.22.168_RECOVERYNAME-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
7. It should install the recovery on your device.
8. And you’re all done!
The TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your LG G3 Beat and booting into the same is as easy as pie. Just head over to Google Play and download and install Quick Boot on your device that lets you easily boot into various modes on your Android device. Those of you preferring the hardware key method can learn how to boot the LG G3 Beat into the custom recovery mode by using the hardware keys.